The Thin Film Centre provides a unique service for industry and academia in the research &development of thin film properties and applications. The Centre is capable of producing runs of existing and new thin film designs. The Centre has expertise in coating polymers, optical filters, Telecom filters, TCO (Transparent conductive oxide) coatings, Information storage coatings, Biocompatible coatings, Protective coatings, Coatings for security devices, Rugate filters, Metal coatings.
THIN FILM COATING & CHARACTERIZATION EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE
1) Microwave assisted DC Magnetron sputtering capable of multilayer coatings, can coat sixteen 8-inch wafers at a time or equivalent area at a time.
2) RF Magnetron sputtering unit
3) E beam system
4) PECVD (plasma enhanced chemical vapour deposition)
5) Spin coating unit
2) SEM (Scanning Electron Microscopy) with quantitative chemical analysis
3) Spectrophotometer (UV-Vis-IR)
4) AFM (Atomic Force Microscopy)
5) Nanoindenter hardness tester
6) Contact angle & Surface measuring unit
7) Voltameter for corrosion measurements
8) Auger Spectroscopy
9) XRD (X-ray Diffraction) unit
11) Stress measurement unit for 8-inch wafers.
A recent development at the centre is a Thin Film Characterization software called Coat 2000.net which takes Transmission and PSi & Del values as its inputs and fits them together to get the exact value of the thickness and N & K values.
For further information please do not hesitate to contact me